SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the process of improving the visibility of your website to Search Engines so you can achieve the highest possible position within the natural search listings on the Search Engines.
Search Engine Optimisation is essentially the process of understanding how Search Engines calculate their search results and applying that understanding to enable your site to appear as high in their results as possible.
The higher your rankings are the more visitors you will have; the more visitors you have the more conversions you will get.
Another way to optimise your website is through PPC (Pay Per Click). This involves positioning your business in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) for a selection of terms that your potential customers use, to search for the products and services you offer.
For a company with online presence, the visibility of their website to potential clients is just as important as, for example, retail customers being able to find the physical location of a high street store or to find the number of a call centre. If people are not able to locate it, traffic volumes will slowdown and drastically fall, potential clients might never find you at all.
Advertising your web address on printed media/ radio or TV is not enough, you cannot be certain that all potential clients will pick up or hear the advert. However, if a potential client types a few words into a search engine, they can be directed to your website. To ensure they are taken to your website above your competitors, your website needs to be optimised correctly to be in the highest rankings of the search.
How optimising your website will help your business:
- It will lower advertising costs.
- It is cost effective in increasing sales leads.
- A properly optimised website will rank high and therefore will put you ahead of your competitors, many of which will not have optimised their website.
- Your reach will be extended globally through international search engines and target specific geographic regions with different campaigns.
- It will bring high quality potential clients to your website.
- A fully optimised website will enable you to build an online reputation and to build your brand online communicating your marketing message to your target audience.