Predictions for Pay Per Click (PPC) in 2011
- There will be more and more opportunities to spend PPC budgets in 2011, with new opportunities from Google (launch of Google Local, Google Shopping set to be monitorised), Yahoo (local and content) and Bing (more share of PPC market with Yahoo's inventory).
- Facebook’s advertising revenue will see a year-on-year growth of around 72%, pushing them through the $2bn profit barrier.
- With new PPC mediums available, click fraud will begin to rear its head throughout 2011.
- There will be an increase of more than 200% in mobile PPC spend in 2011, as it rides the wave of mobile browsing awareness.
- This year will see a greater understanding of conversion across the entire client sector.
- Paid search cost-per-click prices will increase on all search engines, which will lead to a greater focus on on-page quality from Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Through the Adcenter engine, Yahoo PPC will develop a much better reach and ROI in 2011; as a direct result of this, there will be a bigger flow of marketing budgets in the last two quarters of the year.
- Twitter will launch a PPC-based product aimed specifically at agencies in 2011, while the spend on LinkedIn PPC will increase by around 300%.