Video Predictions for 2011
- The growth of the mobile will make 2011 a breakthrough year for video advertisements, with the majority of video ads being viewed on mobile devices.
- The industry will look to standardise video formats, while privacy and advertising standards will struggle to get a consensus in 2011.
- The HD format and 3D videos will be interesting developments in the second quarter of 2011.
- IPTV will make its mark on a local level, and this local level will allow clients to target early adopters.
- Extra functionality of Apple TV drives good progress of the product in the UK this year.
- YouTube will grow its premium partners list, as well as seeking out potential premium consumers.
- The boom of smart phones will continue to see a rise in user-generate content; it is estimated that around fifty hours of content will be uploaded every minute in 2011. YouTube will also introduce more video editing tools for its users.
- An increasing number of YouTube content and channels will become branded by larger advertisers in 2011.
- TV budgets will have to be structured in order to accommodate digital video promotional efforts, so look out for many more spoof trailers online in 2011!
Social Media Predictions for 2011
- 2011 will be a big year for advertising on social networks, with a year-on-year growth of 40% in social media advertising across all platforms. Facebook will grab the lions’ share, while Twitter will launch a more public-facing advertising model.
- More and more media outlets will turn to Twitter as a first point of contact with consumers, preferring the use of #hashtags as a primary inbound communication tool.
- Online reputation management will become more mainstream this year, and will be increasingly seen as a vital aspect of any marketing campaign.