Search Engine Optimisation, or SEO, is a series of processes that allows websites to improve their Google rankings, and appear higher in search results for their relevant customer demographics. It may sound complex, but even the smallest of businesses can benefit from an SEO campaign, without having to completely understand it.
HitSearch have outline the following these five simple steps, you can dramatically improve SME's online visibility, and best of all, it won’t cost your business a penny to implement.
Main SEO Areas
(1) Keywords – Targeting the most relevant keywords for your site is the most important SEO tool at your disposal. Keyword research will enable you to see exactly what your customers are searching for; if you are not targeting the right keywords, your site will not perform well in SEO.
(2) Content – Keyword-rich content is of upmost importance to a successful SEO campaign. You should produce unique, engaging content for your site based around your chosen keywords, but be sure to integrate keywords very carefully; littering keywords onto every page without relevant context and purpose could cause Google to label your site as spam. Ensure the content is super relavant and targeted at your ideal audience and calls to action - such as telephone numbers or enquiry form.
(3) Local Listing – Having optimised your site for the relevant search terms, it is now time to claim your Google Places business listing. Google will always favour the most detailed business profiles, so as well as adding your basic business information and contact details, try to include a comprehensive description of your company and its services, with images and customer reviews if possible. Local businesses convert at high rate and tend to convert into a sale in a shorter timescale.
(4) Back Linking – While your Google Places listing will boost your rankings in local results, you can also improve your natural search ranking with a comprehensive back linking strategy. Back linking methods include social bookmarking and submitting content to high ranking websites, which will not only provide a link back to your own site, but will also add perceived value and relevance, which in turn will increase your site’s Google ranking.
(5) WordPress – Using an SEO-friendly blogging platform such as WordPress to manage your content will give your site a major advantage over its rivals; WordPress will help to fully optimise your website and its content, helping it perform better than other small business websites using more archaic content platforms. Use the content delivery system to make your business an authority in its field and produce information related towards your business.
If you have a business in the financial sector and would like to up your marketing game or receive some expert information about digital marketing for financial services in the new, then get in touch with a member of our team!
Do you want to hear about our news, updates and events?
Liverpool Honeycomb Edmund Street 2nd Floor Liverpool L3 9NG
London Kemp House 152 - 160 City Road London EC1V 2NX