Yahoo!'s financial numbers this week have been given rather lukewarm response from analysts and investors alike; however I believe 2008 will see a rising Yahoo win back significant marketshare from Google.
5 reasons why Yahoo will boom in 2008 are -
(1) Yahoo!'s search algorithm is the best its been; and the rate its growing and quality its producing; it will match Google for quality by the end of 2008. People who work in SEO tend to notice the quality of a search algorithm a long time before your typically user
(2) Yahoo! Answers moves onto mobile with OneSearch; and continues its 50% year-on-year growth; Answers and becomes its own revenue stream.
(3) For the past month Yahoo! has focused on improving the click quality of its content network; this leads to increasing conversions and distribution; this leads to happier advertisers.
(4) The New Yahoo! PPC system tweaks make placing adverts on the network a lot easier.
(5) Yahoo is looking to buy a content; (its been touting it for too long now) adding to Yahoo! Answers it now controls two major advert distribution networks.
Ok the last one may seem a little far-fetched at the moment! but Google can not underestimate the emergence of Yahoo! search engine and it should be interesting to see how it pans out in 2008!
If you would like to know how Yahoo PPC can help your Online Marketing Campaign then contact HitSearch and see how we can help your business grow. Remember, its a big world outthere, make sure you become visible.