It’s Thursday and that can only mean one thing – it’s time for the Hit Search #SEOtip of the day round up! Here we compile our best SEO and digital marketing tweets of the week.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter here and keep up to date with our very handy SEO tips discussing everything from Content Marketing to Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO).
Here are our top 5 tips .
1. #SocialMediaTip - Always include social share buttons on your blog.
Social share buttons encourage people to share products with their friends. This is basically free promotion, and a handy way of keeping track of what products are popular on your site.
2. #CROtip – “You may also like…”, “Customers also bought…”, “Complete the look…” are all great ways to cross sell products.
Cross selling is a fantastic way of increasing conversions. Give customers the opportunity to see which products will match with their purchase before they complete a sale and offer suggestions based on what they are viewing.
3. #CROtip - Don’t let price be a surprise. Advertise the full price on the product page, don’t add VAT in the checkout process.
Any last minute price rises will potentially discourage customers from completing a sale. Show the full cost of the product early on.
4. #CROtip - Use high quality images showcasing your products at different angles to replicate the in-store experience as much as possible.
3D angles, catwalk videos and lots of high res images of a product all help to give a customer a better idea of the product they’re looking at.
5. #SEOtip - Well written meta descriptions can increase your click-through rate in the SERP’s.
This is your first chance to pitch your site to a potential customer or client. Creating informative yet snappy descriptions is vital.
Follow us on twitter here for all the best SEO tips and get involved in the conversation online.
Hit Search are the online marketing experts and specialise in SEO, PPC, Social Media and CRO. If you want to drive more traffic to your site or increase the visibility of your brand online, call us today on 0845 643 9289 for more information.